Men and women both have different thinking and feelings towards love. Generally Women are always ready to take responsibilities of any relations and ready to give commitment, but it’s not the case with men. Whenever it comes to commitment men think to escape from that topic and they feel trapped with the thinking of living with a woman for long time. I can’t blame men for that, maybe it is because they feel they are very strong and don’t need anyone in life but the fact is that men become frustrated if they are alone.
Why most of the men are scared of commitment:
Here I’m sharing few common reasons that scare a man from commitment, though it changes from person to person, and according to his past experiences. Though, being a girl it’s actually us, who can give that comfort to a man, and make him understand why commitment is important, and how it’s not so bad. But, first lets look at some of the reasons:
- Fear of being hurt: Men feel that love hurts a lot and they don’t want to get hurt in love. They feel that woman will leave them and she would never be with them for long term. This feeling makes man thinking to stay away from commitment and keep relations moving without any feeling of insecurity.
- Fear of not finding perfect mate: Men always want good women for long term relationship, who should be ready to change for him and meet his expectations. Sometimes this feeling becomes scary for guys when they keep searching for perfect one and they don’t get one. They can never commit to a women whom they don’t find perfect and in the search process man forgets that woman are human begins and she also can have negative points .
- Fear of trust: Men have tendency that they can never trust others easily. If a woman tells a man to commit in relationship, he will feel as if she is using him. It is difficult for a man to trust anyone easily. Man thinks that woman can easily change the priorities in relationship and might dump him for someone else.
- Fear of sacrifice: While thinking about commitment, men often think that if they are committed to one woman they have to scarifies a lot in their life and adjust according to their partner. They feel as if their bachelor life which includes late night parties, staying with their friends or watching sports will be thrown out. This is very common problem, you need to understand that when you are planning to tie in a relation, you both need to adjust and that will increase love between both of you.
Well if you are a girl, and fall in love with a guy, but he is not ready for commitment, you should not push him. Give time and space, but at the same time make sure he doesn’t take you for granted. In directly make him realize that, if he is not committing, you might not be around for ever.
I hope this article will help you out when you want to think about commitment in any relation.
Latest posts by Ruchi (see all)
- How to deal with Annoying RoomMate? - May 28, 2023
- Open Relationship : Why People Like It? - May 28, 2023
- Effective Ways to be Less Clingy in a Relationship - May 28, 2023
S.Pradeep Kumar says
Hmm.. nice points Ruchi…to be frank.. I have some of these.. 😆
But.. I’m waiting for this article from you, titled “Why Women are Afraid of Commitment?” ! 😀
I will surely write about it also :).
While SOME of the above reasons may be true and may apply to SOME men, I think it is little exaggerated to make any general statement like above. If I were you I would have considered keeping the title as “Why SOME Men are Afraid of Commitment?” to avoid being blamed of practicing sexism! 😉
Actually I wrote this post on men because studies shows that the ratio of men is more when it comes to avoid commitments.
Don’t worry , I will write weak points of Women also :).
George Serradinho says
Your points are valid, but I agree with Pradeep about a post about “Why Women are Afraid of Commitment?”
I think that will be an interesting read.
Also another topic to cover would be “Why do men and women cheat?”. I’m sure that one would get a few comments 😉
I will surely write about why Men and women cheat :).
As a man, I agree with this post (before I get married 5 years ago). But, now I get use to have a big commitment and love it.
first of all nice post. men always r afraid of commiting but its sometimes very good to do this. you never knw wen ur partner changes from that old one which he chose. so better late dan never.
Thanks Himanshu, for your views.
Glad you like the blog 🙂
men might be afraid of commitment…but not all men. there are wrong women and wrong men in this world. i have sees the right ones end up with wrong ones mostly and that if what brings bad experiences.
strong men and strong women are not afraid of commitment.
Abha Jain says
To the point…. Too Perfect… I thought you were actually reading my mind while writing this article.
Thanks for sharing (Y)
Pawan Diwakar says
Nice nature noticing, actually man commit from inside for their own understanding but they don’t wanna show it up….