Jealousy is the worst and useless feeling, which we all must avoid to stay happy and make others happy. It becomes very hard to save your relationship when the feeling of jealousy takes place. We are brought up in a society where jealousy seems to be a natural emotion, but it’s not. It’s draining and bring us a of negativity around you. As a child, we were not much aware of this feeling, but gradually get caught up in an environment where we need constant need of approval from our friends or family to be likable. When we feel that others are getting praised, the feeling of jealousy starts, which is due to lack of self-worth. There are also a few other reasons because of which people start feeling jealous.
Here are a few reasons because of which people start feeling jealous:
1. Suffering from inferiority complex
2. Suspicious thoughts about your partner, boss, family members
3. Sad or feeling hurt.
4. Fear of losing someone or something
Here are some simple ways to cope up with the feeling of jealousy:
1. Get confidence: Main reason of being jealous is low self esteem. Thus, you need to stop feeling insecure about yourself. Never think that other is better than you, everyone has some or other qualities, and it’s useless to compare with others. Always try to be positive about yourself and if you really think that you need to improve on something, try to achieve it. But, never get negative about yourself.
2. Trust other: Jealousy ruins every relation. If you think your friend will be with someone else, who is better than you then you are need to change your thinking. Trust your friend, no one is going to leave you because you lack in anything which others have.
3. Communicate: If you think that you are developing a feeling of jealousy because of any reason, the best solution is to talk about it with your friend. You might be thinking in extremes, thus instead of thinking so much without reason it is always better to discuss your feelings. This will help you to gain confidence and you will take things positively. But while communicating, you should never be biased and ready to accept your faults positively.
4. Be Positive: When we feel jealous, we start thinking in extremes. You should never assume that other is luckier to have something which you don’t have, other have lots of other problems which you don’t have. Think twice before making any conclusions. You will find that you are luckier than other people, with whom you are jealous. Be positive and keep yourself motivated towards that person/thing. Better to pay attention on your goals, instead of what others have achieved in life.
5. Stop Comparing: This is the best solution. Once you will stop comparing your life with others, you will never get the feeling of jealousy. Once you will start comparing with others, same moment you will start losing self –confidence. You will only think negatively about yourself and start ruining your relations. As soon as you start comparing with others, you need to stop that thread and think about positive things you have in you. This will surely help you to stop feeling jealous.
Latest posts by Ruchi (see all)
- Effective Ways to be Less Clingy in a Relationship - October 19, 2021
- Smart Ways to Make Office Romance Work - October 19, 2021
- 11 Little Signs You’ve Moved On For Good - October 19, 2021