Leaving alone, managing all your life and taking your own responsibilities and after that what to do when you get an annoying roommate? You meet lots of people who are just opposite of you, don’t understand what you want and then you also have to live with them.
Here are a few tips to handle irritating roommate:
1. Understand your roommate: Try to understand that whether your roommate annoys you intentionally or he is habituated to live the way he lives. If your roommate is habitual to mess around, stay up late nights and disturbs you or take clothes without permission then you need to understand that he comes from a different background and you need to give him/her to change. But if your roommate is doing it intentionally, you need to have a talk with him/her and sort out the things clearly.
2. Don’t try to change your roommate: Your roommate has his own life, belongs to a different life style. There might be some things on which you overreact, try to figure out that what irritates you most. You can’t change others to live like you. You can surely change his bad habits but don’t expect him/her change totally for you.
3. Polite conversation: When you can’t endure with your roommate, you need to talk directly with him/her. But be polite and stay calm. Things can be solved easily if you are positive and talk with a smile. You need to make your roommate feel that his/her habit annoys you and he can do his work in a manner that you can feel like home with him/her. Tell how you feel while he/she mess up around but be gentle. Ask what are your habits which annoy him, if you will change for your roommate, he/she will surely try to be nicer and less irritating.
4. Divide your work: Generally roommates fight on pending work like cleaning utensils or cooking or purchasing utensils. Plan the task and decide what work will be done by whom and keep turns for all work. This will make things easier between both of you.
5. Find other options: There are lots of people who can never change and adjust with others. If your roommate is one of them, then better to find another option to live. If you try all tricks to change your roommate’s bad habits and then also he/she is not ready to change, better to change your living place or roommate. Once you move out you will be having more option to choose from for your living place and roommates.
Latest posts by Ruchi (see all)
- Effective Ways to be Less Clingy in a Relationship - October 19, 2021
- Smart Ways to Make Office Romance Work - October 19, 2021
- 11 Little Signs You’ve Moved On For Good - October 19, 2021