We all know that the key point to bind a family is to have a meal together. There are many benefits of having meals together with family, some of them are:
1. Good communication
2. Chances of understanding each other feelings
3. Children can learn good eating habits
Even if you are aware of lots of benefits but are we able to use these tips? Everyone can write tips but to follow in daily life is very tough because of busy schedules, outdoor meetings and social life.
Here are some practical tips which you can follow to make all your family members to have a meal together:
1. Schedule it: The main excuse people have for not having family meal is lack of time. You don’t need to worry about it; you just need to plan a time which is agreed by all family members. Try to make a schedule the meal on a date and time which is suits everyone and try to convince them to take time for family meals. Don’t force them to schedule the meal same day or week, it is ok even if you schedule in 15 or 20 days. Once you will schedule your meal, later you can schedule frequently. Be strict and force everyone to be on time for meals.
2. Enjoy while cooking: You can take help of other members in family to cook food, your kids can help you so that you and your kids can enjoy while preparing dinner. If you don’t have time to cook or don’t like to cook then don’t worry, you just need to order from the hotel. You can take suggestions from your family members about the menu, so that you can order the food according to everyone’s choice to make dinner yummy.
3. No television or books: Many family members are habitual to watch televisions or read books while having meal. Family dinner means just family no television is included, make a rule that no one can watch television or read books. May be your kids or teens get angry if you don’t allow them to watch television, make them understand about enjoying meals together.
4. Cool conversation: Most important part of family meals, generally while having a meal, family members start behaving rude when there is difference in thinking. Try to tell everyone indirectly that conversation must be normal and everyone will try to understand other’s feelings. Everyone needs to sit until all other members of family finish with their meal.
5. Enjoy and repeat: Try to enjoy the meal together and talk about each other’s life and work with a positive attitude and soft conversation. Once you start scheduling your family meals, try to repeat it frequently to get closer to your family members.
I hope you follow these tips to get close to your family members and if you have some more practical tips, do share with us.
Subscribe to us
Latest posts by Ruchi (see all)
- 11 Little Signs You’ve Moved On For Good - January 1, 1970
- 5 Cruicial Signs: It’s Time to End Your Relationship - January 1, 1970
- Romantic Ideas to Express Your Love - January 1, 1970